Dermplanning is an alternative to microdermabrasion.
A great treatment for those with sensitive skin and/or peach fuzz.
Dermaplaning is the process of using a sterile surgical blade to gently exfoliate and eliminate surface layers of dead skin cells and unwanted vellus hair (peach fuzz). At Advanced Skincare our dermaplaning includes a therapeutic mask to calm, hydrate, and rejuvenate the skin.
The primary difference between dermaplaning and microdermabrasion is that dermaplaning can remove the fine vellus hair in addition to sloughing away rough dulling surface skin cells. Dermaplaning exfoliation occurs at a much deeper level, yet doesn’t require any harsh abrasives.
Dermaplaning is a great treatment to offer to those who are pregnant or nursing. Expectant or new moms are not allowed to use peeling agents because of the risk of chemicals being absorbed into the bloodstream, leaving this to be a safe and effective treatment.
Combines the benefits of both dermaplaning and an aesthetic grade peel for a deeper treatment. Our esthetician will recommend the level of peel needed based on your skin needs.
*Suitable for all skin types
Conditions Treated:• Unwanted Hair
• Dry Skin
• Poor Skin Texture
What areas can be treated?
The Dermaplaning procedure can be performed on any part of the face.
How Does It Work?
Our experienced specialists delicately exfoliate your skin, removing the fine hair commonly referred to as “peach fuzz”, producing a smooth texture and an appearance of fresh skin.
What to expect?
• Dermaplaning is a simple, easy, painless, non-invasive manual skin exfoliation treatment.
• Treatment includes cleansing and preparing the skin for the manual exfoliation process. Then an anti aging eye treatment, moisturizer and sun block are applied.
• The skin being treated should be clean, free of makeup, lotions, perfumes, etc. The dermaplaning treatment takes approximately 30 – 45 minutes depending on the area being treated.
• This treatment can be performed at any time of the year on all skin types and there is no discomfort with this treatment.
• Normal activities may be resumed immediately.
• The skin will be more sensitive to sun exposure, so an SPF of 50 or higher is required for a minimum of the first 2 weeks.
• Many clients see results after their first treatment, noticing better skin clarity, clearer pores, softer skin and reduced fine lines.*
Commonly Asked Questions
If I remove my facial hair will it grow back darker and thicker?
The answer is NO. There are two types of hair on the human body, terminal and vellus hair. Terminal hairs are the thick pigmented hairs that grow by the influence of hormones (legs, armpits, scalp, pubic area, etc). Vellus hairs are fine translucent hairs usually found on a woman’s face, back or chest. Unlike terminal hairs, when vellus hairs are cut they grow back with the same thickness and length as before, only with a blunt tip and are expected to return in approximately two to four weeks post procedure. Removal vellus hair and dead skin cells allows for the proper p
enetration of other facial products, increasing their efficacy and ultimately their results.
How often can you be Dermaplaned?
Dermaplaning removes about 2-3 weeks of dead skin cells, so in order for your skin to complete its normal skin cycle, approximately 30 days, the treatments should be done about once a month.
What’s the difference between shaving and Dermaplaning?
People often think that they are one in the same. They are not. Dermaplaning is performed by trained Medical Esthetic Professionals using a surgical scalpel on tautly stretched skin. Most razors have two blades that much duller than a surgical blade. Dermaplaning requires short strokes at a certain angle in particular patterns depending on the facial region and resurfaces skin on a much deeper and more effective level than shaving.
Dermaplaning $99 -$150
Dermaplaning is a safe and effective way of exfoliating the epidermis and removing unwanted vellus hair (peach fuzz) on the face. The results will leave your skin glowing and refreshed!